Saturday, 1 December 2012

Ornamental Blog Hop - Sneak Peak - REVEAL

Well, the 4th of December has finally arrived and here is my reveal for the Art Bead Scene Ornament Blog Hop:



It's choc full of Art Beads .... made by my own fair hands I hasten to add ...... based around a piece of Sir Tim Ideal-ology Trinket Pins:


and mixed loops and hooks:

plus some jump rings in silver and copper that I made using my new Jump Ring winder with various pink, blue and red glass beads added to them.



As for the Art Beads, from the top of the dangle there is a round flower ceramic pendant with a loop (there should be a version of this at the Galaxy shortly after Xmas).  This one I glazed in a nice beetroot glaze and the background is glazed in a Celadon (it's pretty, but I have to say that the colour is a bit patchy on it as it is the first time I used it, and you never know with ceramic glazes what you are going to get the first time you use them especially).  I added a nice little ruby gem to the middle of the flower using Glossy Accents as I haven't got in stones that can be fired into place yet.



Next down in line is a round Shell Bead glazed in blue, which was wrapped with silver wire (some green and blue faux pearls added along the top of the loop) and then the "Partridge" bead (again there will be a spring version of him in the Shop after Xmas),  Underneath him is a silver bead cap and then a further Blue Shell Bead.  At the bottom I just added some new pieces that I am working on for spring, the little Beetroot glazed flower connector and a leaf charm in the Celadon glaze, which ran a lot better on this piece, and I love the effect that I achieved.



It's a dangle to go in the front porch along with the fabulous bell heart wreath that I picked up at Sainsbury's today.

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you will have worked out that I most assuredly do NOT love Christmas, but I DO LOVE THIS, and went around the supermarket doing reindeer dashing through the snow impressions - it makes just the noise I imagine their harnesses would make.

Sooooooo, who's taking part in the Ornament Blog Hop over at Art Bead Scene::

Art Bead Scene 
Humblebeads 
Toodles and Binks * You are here*


Oh, oh, oh can I just say Happy Birthday to Lottie, have a great day honey.

Hugs

Kay
xx

18 comments:

Lottie said...

Oh he looks lovely - I have been trying to make a little bird charm out of polymer clay - but although I have made two they aren't quite what I had envisaged in my head

The 4th is my birthday - so I'll be sure to pop back for your reveal - can't wait to see what you have created.

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Beautiful; love the beads that you created for it!

Suzette said...

Wow, beautiful! Great beads too!

Charis Designs said...

Love the beads- it's really charming

creativegoddess said...

Very pretty. :)

A Half-Baked Notion said...

I love these bold and chunky beads AND the fact that your ornament can be displayed for a prolonged season. Not sure if I can get rid of that image in my head... you prancing through the supermarket and shakin' those bells like a maraca. Olé!

Now following. How could I resist?

Marie Cramp said...

Very cool! Love the mix of beads!

Shelley Graham Turner said...

Such yummy beads!!

Heather Powers said...

I love that you made your ornament as the center piece for the heart wreath - it looks fab!!!

TesoriTrovati said...

sweet little birdie! I like that this looks like it will be at home in your studio, on your tree or on a wreath (brilliant!) all year long! Thanks for joining us in this holiday fun! Enjoy the day. Erin

Niky Sayers said...

that little bird is really cute and I love the idea of you galloping round the shops, bells ringing!

Caron Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous - beautifully done!

Lori Bowring Michaud said...

Lovely ornament! It's great that you can display your creation for an extended time.

SueBeads said...

Very pretty! I have some of those trinket pins, too, will have to use them!

kim Idalski said...

Love the ornament. Colors are so pretty. Happy Birthday to Lottie :).. Never seen the pins before will have to find some. ... Im in the hop but not added on the list yet. Please stop by and comment. Happy Holidays and Hopping, Kim at http://kimisjewelryandgifts.blogspot.com/2012/12/abs-ornament-blog-hop.html#comment-form

Lottie said...

Thank you so very much my treasure

beadrecipes said...

You made some beautiful beads for your ornament, it's going to look lovely on your front porch!

diane hawkey said...

very sweet b ird